Argyll recognise the responsibility to manage the impact that our activities have on the environment and commit to good environmental practice. To structure our commitment to the environment we have created a documented Environmental Management System (EMS) and through its implementation we are working towards achieving the accreditation to the standard ISO 14001 since 2009.
In undertaking construction activities across multiple locations and in managing our head-office functions, it is the policy of Argyll:
- Understand our company and its context by acknowledging and meeting the needs and expectations in complying with the requirements of legislation, local authorities, customers, our landlord, other interested parties.
- Identify and minimise the negative environmental impacts of our activities, prevent pollution and continually improve our environmental performance.
- Consider the requirements of the neighbours and other interested parties who are indirectly associated with our business but are directly affected by the environmental impacts we make.
- Review objectives and targets on an annual basis to improve our environmental performance.
Implementation of this Policy is to include but is not exclusive to:
- Managing the implementation of our policy through achieving ISO 14001 accreditation.
- Appointing an Environmental Champion to aid the implementation who can identify improvement initiatives.
- Making approved information available to all staff.
- The promotion of environmental awareness and knowledge of the potential impacts caused by our construction activities and office based operations.
- Communicating the progression of our Environmental Management System on a regular basis through training, meetings, publications and one-off reporting.
- Managing our supply chain, suppliers and design where appropriate to minimise the use of materials, energy or processes which may be harmful to the environment.
- Promoting Argyll as a sustainable business by conserving energy, materials and resources, minimising consumption, acting efficiently and effectively managing waste.
- Set objectives and targets on an annual basis and report results as an integrated section of the annual company Business Performance Report.